These days, customers demand seamless, consistent experiences at every touch point along their journey, whether it is digital (mobile, web) or physical stores. Businesses that fall short of this, risk losing their relevance and customers' loyalty, which ultimately hurts their revenue generation capacity. The global digital Experience platform's (DXP) revenues are expected to increase 36% from USD11.58 billion in 2022 to USD15.8 billion in 2025 because of this phenomenon. With that context, it would be worthwhile to zoom in and examine the benefits that organisations gain from using content marketing from a DXP perspective.
Content is at the basis of the digital experiences that brands construct, and without a content-integrated use of DXPs, customers would have an experience that is entirely irrelevant to them.
A good example of this would be 62-year-old Bill’s digital experience with his bank for instance.
In this digital age where everything is at his fingertips, he misses going to the bank and greeting his teller friends with a smile and having a quick chat. But he also enjoys the ease of mobile and internet banking, as well as the power of a straightforward app to manage his hard-earned money. But as soon as he opens his app, a student loan promotion appears out of nowhere. Here, although the bank has a working digital ecosystem, Bill does not find it relevant or personal.
A DXP like Optimizely can step in at this point, analyse Bill’s profile details, and potentially learn that he would rather be provided information on remote deposits, a special CD rate for his savings, or even a video chat with his favourite banker who addresses him by name.
DXPs are essentially an integrated piece of technology designed to manage a personalized digital experience across several consumer journeys and touchpoints.
When there are multiple customer personalisation touchpoints required on a digital platform, businesses will need a Digital Asset Management (DAM) tool like Optimizely which has the potential to increase productivity, saving a significant amount of time and money. Below are some of its benefits:
- Campaign Planning and Execution: By coordinating the activities of several teams, managing their particular priorities, and ensuring smooth execution, Optimizely makes it simple to construct marketing campaigns. One of the tools that help keep the content, creatives, and overall campaign on the schedule includes integrated marketing calendars, giving the user complete remote control over the campaign, updating key parties on its development, and aids in prioritising focus from a strategic viewpoint.
- By intelligently allocating work to the appropriate team, it supports better Intake and Resource Management by balancing the administrative effort. Key features include segmented dashboard views, end-to-end visibility, SSO-protected URLs, automatic assignment, synchronised workflows, notification alerts, and automated update notifications among others.
- Increases the speed of Content Creation and Distribution to the website and social media accounts by combining data on search and social trends, allowing for a quicker transition from ideation to creation and ultimately completion. Additionally, Optimizely enables collaboration on a variety of media formats (Pdf, photos, videos, etc.) on a variety of assets and content (ads, articles, designs and beyond). Most importantly, plug-and-play integrations and widgets make it easier than ever to ensure that brand experiences are consistent across all platforms with just a few clicks.
- Centralised Brand and Asset Management enables firms to squeeze the most out of their marketing budgets, by keeping track of every single asset through Asset Lineage Tracking, Versioning, and Utilization Reporting. Additionally, businesses can save time because they can now produce new assets by making use of what they currently have while still adhering to brand compliance rules.
- Board members and other senior stakeholders participate in Performance Measurement to increase team productivity through time tracking, resource planning, analytics for efficiency, and workflow optimization. Teams can also determine which content draws more traffic, letting stakeholders know what is effective and what is not. The ROI that a campaign creates is the most crucial success factor, and this is where Optimizely's capabilities like lead generation tracking and opportunity influence tracking can aid define success on several multiple levels.
Business Process Improvements
- One of the many advantages of implementing DAM is file management. By classifying files according to date, size, kind, and other factors, the search engine may be effectively controlled. This means that by using complex filtering and folder management, you could quickly discover what you need (provided files are inserted correctly).
- Organisations can improve internal and external collaboration at work so that various teams can complete projects efficiently and effectively. Moreover, it enables a unified integration of platforms with various back-end systems and services and improves sales cycle time. This also silently amplifies teamwork.
- Deploying a digital model of asset management improves the quality of data transfers between stakeholders. thereby improving internal and external collaboration at work so that various teams can complete projects on time.
- Easy product launches, for example, can be managed exceptionally well with a DAM tool in place as it improves the quality of data transfers between stakeholders, increasing deadline efficiency, with the organisation’s core objective in mind.
- Team members can download, edit and repurpose content through built-in compliance workflows like Content grouping, and approval matrixes.
- Enables self-service tools for customers at an omnichannel level with a personalised user experience across touchpoints.
- Users get to take control of their interactions with the brand, thereby giving them confidence in the product and the brand.
- Increased relevance on the platform improves CSAT levels, and thereby retention.
However, a holistic approach to asset management is required that accounts for the interdependent factors supporting business growth and financial efficiency. Supporting Agile business practices with a more systematic methodology needs an approach that includes:
Step 1: Road mapping: Identifying bottlenecks, and new opportunities, and mapping digital technologies and applications
Step 2: Understanding the consumer decision-making context from a strategic, tactical and operations standpoint.
Step 3: Business Model development: Provision of the service platform and enabling technologies, Services backed by analytics, and Asset performance services.
Step 4: Experimentation -> Iteration -> Implementation.
To find out more about our work and the partnership with Optimizely, or how we help enterprise-size businesses with their digital transformation - why not get in touch?